Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Aluminum Bed Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aluminum Bed Issue

I have a aluminum bed that has a hole in it. We filled the bed up with rock that would have never even dented the old Steel bed. The dealer sent an inquiry to ford to see if they would cover it and the response from Ford was it was from abuse. Of course, that's what Ford were going to say. This is a serious issue for me. I told them to repair it and then spray it with a bed liner to minimize any future problems and Ford told the dealer no. We all have seen this study done by Chevy and many others now. Not sure how to proceed. Maybe some others have experience with this or similar issue? Thanks for all productive input.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I've got some dents.. It's a truck bed.
The following users liked this post:
Spanky666 (10-05-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Ex-Everything

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fafafooey
I've got some dents.. It's a truck bed.
Crazy talk!!!!
Spanky666 (10-05-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 08:05 PM

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

troll?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:11 PM

not a troll. Not crazy talk. If this forum isn't good for info then let me know.

I have puncture holes in my new aluminum bed. NEVER has a ford bed let me down. I even pull some of my full sized right into the quarry and have the big wheel loaders drop #57 stone or rip rap in my F250. I didn't do this with my F150 as its light duty but hand loading broken cement slab into the bed should not cause it to fail. Now THAT is crazy talk!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Motor 10

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts

My only question to you, is, how come you didn't cover the bed of your truck prior to putting rocks in it? You had to know you were going to get some damage, even if it was scuffed paint. That was absolutely the first mod I did, and I rarely use my truck as a truck. I'm not saying this didn't happen, but, it is kind of funny that your first 3 posts, were to show perfect side by side pictures of damage to an aluminum truck bed.
Spanky666 (10-05-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Motor 10

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm being kind, but, this stinks of troll
Old 10-04-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itmfm1
I have a aluminum bed that has a hole in it. We filled the bed up with rock that would have never even dented the old Steel bed. The dealer sent an inquiry to ford to see if they would cover it and the response from Ford was it was from abuse. Of course, that's what Ford were going to say. This is a serious issue for me. I told them to repair it and then spray it with a bed liner to minimize any future problems and Ford told the dealer no. We all have seen this study done by Chevy and many others now. Not sure how to proceed. Maybe some others have experience with this or similar issue? Thanks for all productive input.
Hello. I work for Ford. I'm happy to try to help. Please e-mail me your VIN.

Thanks!

- Mike

---
Mike Levine
Manager, Ford North America Product Communications
mlevine5@ford.com
Old 10-04-2016, 09:45 PM

Thanks mike, as typical in these chats many just are ther to not ad anything productive.....I have a serious issue with this aluminum bed and will reach out to you. Have a pleasant evening.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itmfm1
Thanks mike, as typical in these chats many just are ther to not ad anything productive.....I have a serious issue with this aluminum bed and will reach out to you. Have a pleasant evening.
Understand. Please send me your VIN and I'll be happy to look into this.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Bed Issue