Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

AC blower shuts off

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Raptor Minion

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts
Default AC blower shuts off

Question. On several ocassions my AC blower has just shut off. It doesn't blow out the defrost vents, it just shuts off. There is no change in the AC controls, they all continue to think the AC blower is on. Turning the AC off/on with the power button does nothing.

And as suddenly as the blower shuts off, 30 seconds to a minute later it starts back up on its own.

It's done it to me several times, both when first getting in the car (I haven't moved yet) and while doing 70 down the highway.

After one or two incidents it doesn't do it again for a day or two.

Anyone ever hear of this or have any ideas? I'm afraid my dealer won't be able to diagnose it if it's not showing the symptom when I take it in.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is doing the same thing, except I can time mine. comes on for 3 seconds then goes out and then 60 seconds later come on fro 3 second and goes out.
i can turn it off and it comes on but goes right out?
removed battery cable for 20 min that did help???/
Old 06-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Raptor Minion

I've been reading and am tempted to replace the fan blower resistor. It's a $20 part and relatively easy to swap. It's what controls the blower speed. May or may not fix this. I'm guessing.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBoater
I've been reading and am tempted to replace the fan blower resistor. It's a $20 part and relatively easy to swap. It's what controls the blower speed. May or may not fix this. I'm guessing.
Did you get it fixed? I just ordered the control module/resistor for mine. $70 shipped from Amazon. Mine is doing the same thing. Put it on high and it immediately shuts off...turn off and back on at low speed and works...
Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Raptor Minion

Originally Posted by ziemer
Did you get it fixed? I just ordered the control module/resistor for mine. $70 shipped from Amazon. Mine is doing the same thing. Put it on high and it immediately shuts off...turn off and back on at low speed and works...
Yup. Steve@Tasca hooked me up.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bl...tr=BL3Z19E624A

Replacement was cake. Hasn't shut of on me since. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Yup. Steve@Tasca hooked me up.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bl...tr=BL3Z19E624A

Replacement was cake. Hasn't shut of on me since. Fingers crossed.
Cool. Hopefully, it will fix mine also.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:28 PM

I've got the same issue. In the morning...80 degrees I can get the fan speed up to level four before it shuts off, but when its hot...101 yesterday it would only do level 1. Before yesterday level 3 was safe, the issue seems to have gotten worse. So I'm headed to Ford to buy what they call the Blower motor controller, the resistor is if you have ***** and the controller is if your system is electronic (buttons/dual zone)... its $70 at Ford. Hopefully this fixes the problem?

Trending Topics

Old 07-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Raptor Minion

My problem came back. Truck is at Ford dealer being looked at.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:40 PM

My 2013 KR has been doing this same thing for the last year and a half. I have had it in to the Ford dealership three times and most recently they replaced the blower motor. All was well for about two months but once it got hot again and the AC kicked on in high, it is back to its usual tricks.

For me I keep the AC in Auto. If it is hot outside and I start the truck, the AC kicks on high for a couple seconds, then goes out. All controls are still on, the blower just shuts off. About a minute or two later it will come on again. If it kicks in to the high setting, it will quickly go out again. If I adjust the fan manually to a lower speed it will stay on. Once the car is running a while I can push it back to high and it will usually stay on. This seems to have something to do specifically with the high fan setting.

I hope someone gets this resolved. My dealer keeps telling me it is fixed only to find the same problem a month or so later.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:40 PM

I too am experiencing this problem on my 2013 Lariat.

The blower works for a few seconds after starting the engine, then shuts off; and kicks on for a few seconds every few minutes.

For a while, this problem only occurred randomly and would occasionally go weeks without manifesting. Lately however, I only observe the above symptoms.

If anyone finds a resolution and posts it, it would be greatly appreciated! I will do the same if I find a fix in the meantime.

Quick Reply: AC blower shuts off