Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

96' F150 sb ... Dragging Brakes ? or??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96' F150 sb ... Dragging Brakes ? or??

ok , I am going to sound stupid... i bought a 96 f150 couple weeks ago, i was homeless in calif for like three years prior and haven't driven for a long time prior to the test drive... anyway as i have been driving it ,i recently drove about 210 miles to visit a brother... got horrible mpg it took about 22 gals to get there .... as i drive the motor really sounds like it is struggling like going up a 10% grade pulling a loaded trlr... there is a grinding sound like brakes ,but very low level and it is a constant grinding whether brakes applied or not ,so am guessing it is not the brakes , the truck shimmys hard to violently in 5th gear attempting to accelerate ( say am going 65mph and need to pass , i try and azccelerate and it's like the thing goiing to blow up like the steering all over the place the muffler sounds like its got 10 holes in it, and i watrch thbe gas gage go south faster than ,i don't wanna say) i checked the uv joints , they are good... maybe the motor mounts ( i dont really know how to check?? the bearings?? brakes dragging?? help please i hardly have any $$$ i cant take it to a nshop and pay 200 for them to try someything and then 200 for them to try something else and so on and so on
Old 04-18-2009, 10:26 PM
1998 F150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got no money you got no job if you got no job you got no business take it back the truck is unsafe you don't need to shoot it .

Quick Reply: 96' F150 sb ... Dragging Brakes ? or??