Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

95 F150 ignition problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 F150 ignition problem

Need some help with an intermittent problem I've been having with my truck starting. It makes a clicking noise when trying to crank it but after a while it usually starts. In the past, it usually would happen in the morning when its cold. I've replaced the battery, starter and the side wall starter relay. I haven't had a problem with it starting in a while but since getting a company truck to drive daily I haven't been able to get it to start in the last couple of weeks. The truck has over 200,000 miles on it and the ignition is worn out. Once its out of the lock position, I can crank it without the key. I'm thinking that's what the problem is but not sure. Also the clicking noise that it makes when trying to crank it is coming from the starter relay on the side wall. If anybody has any ideas what the problem might be, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the condition of your battery cables and the cables running to the starter?

Quick Reply: 95 F150 ignition problem