Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

95 F150 fuel pump wiring problem. Please help....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 F150 fuel pump wiring problem. Please help....

Just wandering if anyone can tell me what color wires is what. To the best of my knowledge my truck has the following wire colors.

ORANGE
YELLOW w/ I think a blue stripe.
BLACK
BROWN or a TAN like color.

I'm putting a new fuel pump and lines on the truck along with a new tank because the PO has everything on it rigged together and in a complete mess, I just don't want to cross wire anything because the pump dont have wiring instructions with it just a new plug to put on the truck harness with wire colors that match the new pump's wires which are obvious to tell what is what.

This truck is a 95 f150 with a 4.9 and a single tank which is 19gallon and behind the rear axle if it makes a difference.

thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by bowhunter5569
Just wandering if anyone can tell me what color wires is what. To the best of my knowledge my truck has the following wire colors.

ORANGE
YELLOW w/ I think a blue stripe.
BLACK
BROWN or a TAN like color.

I'm putting a new fuel pump and lines on the truck along with a new tank because the PO has everything on it rigged together and in a complete mess, I just don't want to cross wire anything because the pump dont have wiring instructions with it just a new plug to put on the truck harness with wire colors that match the new pump's wires which are obvious to tell what is what.

This truck is a 95 f150 with a 4.9 and a single tank which is 19gallon and behind the rear axle if it makes a difference.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Try this.
Attached Thumbnails 95 F150 fuel pump wiring problem. Please help....-fuel-tank-wiring.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have this wrong but I think this is right????

Brown/Tan w/white stripe is: Pump Power Wire
Orange is: Pump Ground
Yellow is: Sending unit Power.
Black is: Sending unit ground.

????????????? Can anyone confirm this for 100%?

Quick Reply: 95 F150 fuel pump wiring problem. Please help....