Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

94 f150 will start on ether but die soon after

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 f150 will start on ether but die soon after

Got a 94 f150 has 143k miles auto tranny, guy I got it from did not take care of it. Just got it, had an issue dieing when I put it in gear, fixed that by putting tranny fluid in it, took it for a drive everything was fine shifts good no issues, got it back home ( roughly six block drive) let it idle for awhile then went to move it in garage heard a slight knock like a fuel knock when I put little pressure on gas pedal, did it 3 times. (Garage is a tight fit with fence in the way) every time I went from drive to reverse I heard it just for a split second, shut it down to check oil, was a quart low, topped it off and went to start t again and it won't start? Didn't sound like it was even close to starting. Went to work came back roughly 12 hours later and it fired for a second then died. Did this a few time before I got the ether out. I spray intake and it'll start then die, do it again and this time I mess with the the throttle it seemed to kill it immediately. It seems to me like a fuel issue but b4 I shut it off and it wouldn't start it ran great I'm lost any advice would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: 94 f150 will start on ether but die soon after