Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

'93 f150 blend door actuator ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '93 f150 blend door actuator ?

I am having a issue of feeling air coming into the cabin(under dash close to shifter) with the fan off. the air is cold unless i move the **** to heat then it is warm. I sometimes smell burning oil (valve cover leak)and engine smells. when i am running the defrost and heater.My truck does not have AC..

I am wandering if this (in picture) has something to do with it. Last year i had it zipped ties where the rod was pushed in all the way in. it seem to keep the engine smells out.
also what is a good thing to use to repair pin hole leak on exhaust? i had it replaced last year and they didnt weld it good. i dont want to take it back to that place. they ripped me off. i was thinking about trying to using permatex for mufflers?

thanks for any help!!!
Attached Thumbnails '93 f150 blend door actuator ?-vacumm.jpg  
Old 01-01-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Unless you have a broken fan box or your heater/defrost control is bad, you are getting fresh outside air from the vent. The blendoor only controls the airflow over the heater core, not the outside vent control.
For your exhaust just use muffler wrap sold at any parts store. It hardens and seals when it gets hot

Quick Reply: '93 f150 blend door actuator ?