Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

90k mile maint - 2000 F150 4.6 V8

Old 09-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90k mile maint - 2000 F150 4.6 V8

I just bought a 2000 f150,and I want to do all the proper maint updates that are good for my truck. What are your thoughts regarding all the BG maint services that are offered?
Old 09-08-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

id start out with an oil change, fresh fuel air and oil filters at the minimum. after that, id change the plugs and check the COP's for any damage and replace as needed since they are fairly expensive.
Then get under the truck and grease any fittings, alot of the times factory joints are non greasable, change the fluid in the trans and differential, both if its 4x4.
since you just bought it, check the brake pads. give the front end a shakedown and replace anything thats loose or warn. After that you should have a truck thats ready to roll as good as it did new
Old 09-08-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the BG trans service the best way to go ,or is there a better way to service the trans fluid,etc?

My main question is about all of the different things that BG offers in regards to vehicle maint. ?

Originally Posted by RichP9
id start out with an oil change, fresh fuel air and oil filters at the minimum. after that, id change the plugs and check the COP's for any damage and replace as needed since they are fairly expensive.
Then get under the truck and grease any fittings, alot of the times factory joints are non greasable, change the fluid in the trans and differential, both if its 4x4.
since you just bought it, check the brake pads. give the front end a shakedown and replace anything thats loose or warn. After that you should have a truck thats ready to roll as good as it did new
Old 09-08-2015, 03:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess i only half read your post... i personally dont like power flushing transmissions, i feel they its asking for trouble pushing fluid backwards through the trans., i would drain the pan and remove the cooler inlet line to purge the old fluid out then refill from scratch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 90k mile maint - 2000 F150 4.6 V8