Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

87 with some issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 with some issues

Hello All,

I have a 1987 F150 with a 4.9L engine, it has a high idle issue. It started after I washed the engine. In prep for the washing I had covered the distributor to keep moisture out, but moisture found its way into the distributor and it needed to be dried out. After dry out, truck cranked fine, but ran rough due to a damaged coil wire. Installed new distributor cap, rotor, wires, and spark plugs. Truck cranked fine but now had high idle, removed battery cable to reset everything back to initial settings, truck still has high idle of 1200 rpm.

I did a line by line vacuum test and replaced the bad vacuum lines, the lines test good. I tested the coffee can vacuum tank, it is good. Tested for leaks at throttle body and intake manifold with gas, none found. TPS and EGR valve test good.

Did a code test with the following results. KOEO code 11. KOER codes 13 and 25.

Truck drives fine, just has high idle issue. Just looking for some other ideas where to look at this point, what am I missing?

Sorry for long post, just wanted to make full disclosure.

Thanks,
John

Quick Reply: 87 with some issues