Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

5.0L spark plug issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0L spark plug issues?

Any issues doing spark plugs on the 5.0L? Going to do them soon, 107 000 km 2011 F-150. Would appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by Musky08; 09-14-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put in new spark plugs 1995 5.0 xlt driver side not bad had to climb up into engine compartment ,passenger side tricky jacked up right front removed front wheel had too go under through wheel well to get to middle two and last one near fire wall easy go do luck not that bad
Old 01-25-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Recently changed the plugs in my 2011 5.0 SCAB. Very easy, don't have to remove anything, only needed a step stool to reach some of them.

Only issue I had was that some of the red plastic locking tabs on the boot connectors were brittle and broke off, but they were still usable.

The original plugs were installed overly tight and I was concerned about possibly breaking some of them during removal.

I recommend using a torque wrench and anti seize when you install the new plugs.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Recently changed the plugs in my 2011 5.0 SCAB. Very easy, don't have to remove anything, only needed a step stool to reach some of them.

Only issue I had was that some of the red plastic locking tabs on the boot connectors were brittle and broke off, but they were still usable.

The original plugs were installed overly tight and I was concerned about possibly breaking some of them during removal.

I recommend using a torque wrench and anti seize when you install the new plugs.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:26 PM

Received 193 Likes on 97 Posts

Add me to this leaking problem. I replaced the tube from the reservoir, with an OEM replacement quick disconnect, but after a week, it started leaking, or should I say spraying under the hood again! So I ordered the pegasus repair kit. I save my old hose and use it with the pegasus repair kit. I'll post as soon as I get the repair kit.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 85 Likes on 82 Posts

Oops, wrong forum

Last edited by michaelholt; 04-12-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Posted in Wrong Forum
Old 10-17-2019, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used 2013 about 2 years ago now, and it has had coolant leak issues ever since. I've already replaced the y-pipe and o-rings, but continued to have a leak. I see the majority of other leaks seem to be from the expansion tank/reservoir but mine seems to be pretty leak tight at the moment. Last weekend I saw coolant around the fuel rails and intake manifold, so i pulled that off hoping to find the source. Turns out it's actually coming from the heater hose coming into/out of the engine block. I replaced the o-rings in the QD with 2.5x19mm o-rings...just using what i had on hand and eye-balling the size. There were 2 o-rings in the QD and what i'm assuming was some hardened coolant but could have been a plastic ring separating the 2 o-rings? I can't find anything describing the size/number of o-rings required so I'm hoping someone here can verify for me. I did run the truck to normal operating temperature with the heat blasting and checked for leaks and couldn't see anything obvious...so maybe i got lucky. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 5.0L spark plug issues?