Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

4x4 High light blinks when engaging but shuts off? 4x4 seems to be working

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4x4 High light blinks when engaging but shuts off? 4x4 seems to be working

Okay, the title mostly says it. I have a 2004 f150 lariat 4x4. It has the automatic 4x4 and when I shift into 4H I can hear movement from the transfer case but nothing loud and it's very quick and sometimes the 4H light blinks then shuts off. It seems to be working, I pulled a right turn and it hopped and clicked. The 4L light comes on and stays on and makes more noise when engaging. I read that it could be the vacuum solenoid? Does that sounds right? I believe there was already a thread on a similar problem but it didn't have all the details as my situation so I wanted to hear some different advice. Thanks
Old 08-26-2014, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PHP Code:
without any replies I did go to NAPA and buy a new IWE solenoidIt was $23 with the rain cover and I installed it in about 15 minutesThe 4x4 High light stays on nowSimple fix 

Quick Reply: 4x4 High light blinks when engaging but shuts off? 4x4 seems to be working