Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

4wd problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd problem

My 97 f150 4.6 auto is having 4wd problems. When I turn the **** the light does not come on and it does nothing. Right now it is actually stuck in 4wd. Prior to this the light would come on but it would only kick into 4wd when the tires were spinning and then would kick back out shortly after. I replaced the transfer case motor last year with a used one which I know if the light doesn't come on that is usually the problem. I had somebody tell me the selector switch may be bad which I believe is the part that the actuator is connected to. The is only a handful of things that it could be I was just wanting to see what others had to say about it. Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 PM

Well, Do you have automatic locking hubs or manual? Vacuum lines to hubs good? Vacuum actuator? I really don't know. I hope someone tries to help you. Come on guys!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 AM

It does have automatic locking hubs. Vacuum lines all seem good. The fact that the light doesn't come on makes me think its one of the electrical components but all of the major parts are pretty expensive so I've been trying to narrow it down a little before I start buying stuff and doing process of elimination. I appreciate you trying. Thanks

Quick Reply: 4wd problem