Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2L soda explosion in my truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2L soda explosion in my truck

Hey all

I bought a 2L Mountain Dew for work in the afternoon. On the way to school today, the 2L exploded all over the backseats and everywhere else. I didn't have the time or materials necessary to clean it up. I can't leave now because of my Calc AB exam review, but after this class I'm gonna be hauling *** to the house. Anyways, can someone recommend me a good cleaning regiment.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Valiant OD; 05-22-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Valiant OD
Hey all

On the way to school today, a 2L soda in the back seat exploded all over the back windows, leather seats, windows, basically everywhere . I didn't have time to clean it up and I'm not a huge fan of cutting class. I was wondering what is the best way to clean up the mess.

Thank you in advance
I'd use a little bucket of warm water mixed with mild soap and a soft wash cloth. If it has dried the warm water will help soften the syrup in the soda. In the carpets, spray the area with Windex, then lightly soak with the mild soap solution and scrub with a soft brush. Then vacuum up with a shop vac.

This is a common problem in the winter in Canada, so I speak from experience! LOL! Good luck!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
SHEEPDOG

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Damn, that sounds awful. In addition to what the sergeant told you, I would finish with club soda. Anything left in the carpet (soap, soda, etc) will come out, along with the smell.
The following users liked this post:
sgtpatiolantern (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by seannh
Damn, that sounds awful. In addition to what the sergeant told you, I would finish with club soda. Anything left in the carpet (soap, soda, etc) will come out, along with the smell.
Good call, I always forget the club soda trick. It is especially effective with drinks with any kind of coloring
The following users liked this post:
seannh (05-22-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I spent a couple hours cleaning and the stains came out nicely.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM
SHEEPDOG

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Valiant OD
Hey guys thanks for all the help. I spent a couple hours cleaning and the stains came out nicely.
Good. Now how'd the test fare?

Quick Reply: 2L soda explosion in my truck