Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2016 Ford F150: Door and Mirror trim warping and seperating.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Ford F150: Door and Mirror trim warping and seperating.

Hello Friends,

I bought a new Ford F150 in July 2016. The black trim on the passenger doors (front and back) along with the trim around the side view mirror is warping and separating from the body. Additionally, on the roof the strip of body closest to the passenger side door frames is veined with slight ripples. I live in Las Vegas and suspect that the summer heat has slightly allowed the new aluminum body to expand and contract.

I took it to the dealership and Ford said that they will replace the door trim but not the trim around the side view mirrors. I don't care about the tiny ripple on the roof because it is not affecting the structure of the car, nor can one see it, but I am pissed off over this decision not to replace or repair the trim around the side view mirror. The trim is clearly warping and separating from the body. Anybody else have this problem. Also, what exactly does "bumper to bumper" coverage represent if Ford will not correct and obvious manufacturing defect?