Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2016 2.7 ecoboost rattling

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 2.7 ecoboost rattling

Hey guys, I know this topic has been covered months ago about the rattling/clicking that can be heard in the transfer case of 15/16 f150s. I am virtually certain I have this exact issue. I've read the tsb that came out late in 2015 regarding and it describes my problem perfectly. In that bulletin it says that was an issue from the factory on trucks built before 6/15. I took my 2016 2.7ecoboost xlt 4x4 in to the dealership to have them look at it, they could barely make out the noise unfortunately because the roads were wet. The manager contacted the Ford hotline and they said that the issue had been resolved and only applied to vehicles built before 6/15. Mine was built on 4/16. I have an appointment next week to have them keel it for a few hours to do some diagnosis.

I'm very frustrated because so far what I've heard is that it's fixed, but it's clearly not. Does anyone with trucks built after 6/15 still have this issue. It certainly doesn't give me confidence if a whole year after they say they fixed it, new vehicles from the plant are having the same issue.

I'm hoping there are others who share my story.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:47 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

You mentioned 2.7 ecoboost rattling then point to transfer case? ... maybe mislead on title? Just purchased a '16 sports model with 2.7 (2wd) two days ago and have been extremely impressed with quietness of engine and the ride noise. Holy cow does this thing have spunk in sports mode.

Last edited by 7thSeal; 05-28-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7thSeal
You mentioned 2.7 ecoboost rattling then point to transfer case? ... maybe mislead on title? Just purchased a '16 sports model with 2.7 (2wd) two days ago and have been extremely impressed with quietness of engine and the ride noise. Holy cow does this thing have spunk in sports mode.
I'm not sure about the confusion but I'm saying I have 2.7 4x4 with the once known rattling or ticking coming from my transfer case. I agree, other than that issue so far the truck has been awesome.

Quick Reply: 2016 2.7 ecoboost rattling