Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2012 Ford F150 problems, ugh....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Ford F150 problems, ugh....

Hello everyone im on my last straw on this truck, its a 2012 F150 its a work truck has 52xxx on it, and heres my problem, we use the truck for pullling trailers, and one day there was an obnoxious rattle under the truck, drivers side right by your foot petals, we took it to sioux city ford from where i am located, they said it was a eletrical box under the truck, all they did was tighten up the bolts and put lock tight on them and had a oil change done 300 dollars later, we drove the truck for 6 months no trailer on it, the other day i put a trailer on it, the noise came back, so after we got done using it, i got under there my self and tighten down the bolts they said they tighten, and still making a loud rattle/thumping sound, im at a lost, i dont want keep taking it to the dealer every time i pull a trailer. please someone help me figure this out.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:55 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by CollinC
Hello everyone im on my last straw on this truck, its a 2012 F150 its a work truck has 52xxx on it, and heres my problem, we use the truck for pullling trailers, and one day there was an obnoxious rattle under the truck, drivers side right by your foot petals, we took it to sioux city ford from where i am located, they said it was a eletrical box under the truck, all they did was tighten up the bolts and put lock tight on them and had a oil change done 300 dollars later, we drove the truck for 6 months no trailer on it, the other day i put a trailer on it, the noise came back, so after we got done using it, i got under there my self and tighten down the bolts they said they tighten, and still making a loud rattle/thumping sound, im at a lost, i dont want keep taking it to the dealer every time i pull a trailer. please someone help me figure this out.

Take it to the dealer with the trailer so they can try to duplicate the concern and pinpoint the cause.

Quick Reply: 2012 Ford F150 problems, ugh....