Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2011 FX4 Power Folding Mirror problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2011 FX4 Power Folding Mirror problem

I have issues with my Power folding mirrors. **They do not fold** The drivers side mirror wobbles back and forth. Checked the manual and it said to reset the the mirrors by positioning the switch in the center and momentary pull back until an audible "click" is heard which indicates re-synchronization. Nothing is heard and still mirrors will not fold. I checked the fuses and they are good. I took it to Ford and they told me that it does not have power fold mirrors. They gave me a copy of the build order for my truck and it says that it was built with "Man T-Tow Mir" Both my mirrors have power fold etched into them and my switch has the ring around the switch indicating fold/unfold.
My truck was built in Dearborn Mich. and sold in Canada. Which is another issue. The Ford service tech said that who ever bought the truck wanted different mirrors on it so they swapped them. I am finding that very hard to believe. Anyway, can anyone shed some light on this issue? Maybe there is a way I can check it for power fold such as a motor or something.

Quick Reply: 2011 FX4 Power Folding Mirror problem