Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2011 F150 XLT 4X4 Brake caliper slides?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 05:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2011 F150 XLT 4X4 Brake caliper slides?

OK, I am doing my front brakes this week on my 2011 F150 XLT 4X4. I had the caliper off the other day, so that part is easy. However, the caliper actually has 2 13mm hex bolt holding it in place to a large rectangular nut. That nut seems to be attached to a boot that covers the slide. How Do I lube the slide if the pin does not come out like a conventional caliper slide pin? Anyone familiar with this set up?

I did a search and found how to change pads and rotors, but no mention of lubing pins. My inner pad is wore right off and there is almost 1/4" pad left on the outer. I have a feeling the slides are not moving smoothly.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhuntin4ever
OK, I am doing my front brakes this week on my 2011 F150 XLT 4X4. I had the caliper off the other day, so that part is easy. However, the caliper actually has 2 13mm hex bolt holding it in place to a large rectangular nut. That nut seems to be attached to a boot that covers the slide. How Do I lube the slide if the pin does not come out like a conventional caliper slide pin? Anyone familiar with this set up?

I did a search and found how to change pads and rotors, but no mention of lubing pins. My inner pad is wore right off and there is almost 1/4" pad left on the outer. I have a feeling the slides are not moving smoothly.
Just pull then out all the way. The boot will slip off and the slide will come all the way out. Don't mix them up, there is a fore and aft slide.
The following users liked this post:
Bowhuntin4ever (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinner
Just pull then out all the way. The boot will slip off and the slide will come all the way out. Don't mix them up, there is a fore and aft slide.
Thanks! My brakes should be here today and I can do the job right now!

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 XLT 4X4 Brake caliper slides?