Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2010 XTR - Air Vents blow HOT only.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 XTR - Air Vents blow HOT only.

My 2010 XTR Crew Cab just began doing this today. It was cool this morning so I put the heater on for my short drive to work. At lunch - 4 hours later - it was warmer out and I was hot from working so I put the AC on. It continued to blow HOT. I tried just the vent with no AC and that too was hot. The dial was all the way cold and still no change. I checked the fuse at #15 for climate control and that seemed fine.

The air diverts to the defrost, panel, and floor settings so those dampers (or whatever they are) diverts the air is working correctly. It's just the air itself is hot.

I spoke with a service advisor at Cam Clark Ford here in Airdrie, AB. And she said $145 for diagnosis and if they had to remove the instrument panel the price would approach $1800. #$%$%^&$%&

I don't care if the AC works or not at this point I just want the ability to have my air vents blow outside temperature air.

Could a blocked air intake cause this? I am not mechanically inclined but am not a stranger to using tools. Ironically I work in HVAC and could fix a furnance but have no idea how to approach my truck issue.

Thanks for any intel.

Ken

Quick Reply: 2010 XTR - Air Vents blow HOT only.