Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2008 fx4 wheel creaking noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 fx4 wheel creaking noise

I recently bought a 08 screw fx4 with 77,*** miles with the limited slip rear axle and I have a creaking noise coming from my rear drivers side wheel that I just can't figure out. Dealer has no clue and I can hear it every time I start driving from a stop or change directions from forward to reverse. Its for sure NOT the suspension, but from somewhere in the hub area. Brakes are all new, I even tried switching rotors with the other side that does not make any noise with no change. I can duplicate the noise parked by pushing and pulling on the top and bottom of the wheel, only when the weight of the truck is on it, not jacked up in the air. I have also tightened every single bolt on the axle, brakes, etc. to make sure something wasn't loose. The only time the noise is not present is when I have a fresh coat of anti-seize on the hub right where the rotor sits, but that will only last a day or two and its right back. To be clear its a creaking noise almost like the rotor is somehow moving on the axle hub (if that's even possible?). The axle play in and out seems normal and the bearings also seem ok. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, I don't know what's even left to check anymore.

Quick Reply: 2008 fx4 wheel creaking noise