Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2008 fx2 4.6 no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 fx2 4.6 no start

I am having issues with my f150 and can't figure out the problem. It all started with 2 codes for the tps and cam position sensor which I replaced. Truck ran fine for a day and when I woke the next morning it would not start again. the same code for the cam sensor popped up again p0340 and after some research I learned that the alternator could be causing this so I replaced the alternator. The truck tried to turn over but would not actually start, so after trying a bunch of other things I reinstalled the old alternator and the truck actually ran and drove for a few days, but me being the cautious person I am, I got the battery and alternator checked and it turned out that the alternator was going bad so I went to pick up another one. After installing the new one, I got to the point that the truck would not even try to turn over. when I turn the key, nothing happens and the truck tells me to "check gauge." The wrench light as well as the battery light are on when I turn the key, any idea what may have happened within all this? I am currently at a complete loss and really do not want to take it to ford and have them replace 4-5 different things only to not have the problem fixed and me be out a couple grand.

I apologize for the long read, and thank you in advance to anyone attempting to help me with some advice that will solve my problem.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, anyone?? After a few days(because I had to work) I hooked the battery back up and the car tried to start for 2-3 seconds and then continued to not turn over at all..

Quick Reply: 2008 fx2 4.6 no start