Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2007 Expedition XLT four wheel drive control module

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Expedition XLT four wheel drive control module

I have a 2007 Expedition with 168,000 miles. After a recent dead battery, the wrench icon appeared and did not go off. Dealer ran the code and said it was the 4wd control module. Easy enough but the dealer stated the 4wd control module is an obsolete part and is not available. I called around to some salvage yards and they do not know what i am talking about. I would like to get this fixed before winter. Where is this part located? Is it an easy swap or does the dealer need to program? I tried asking the dealer but after they charged me $139 for a diagnostic and found out that is all they could get , they stopped providing me information, i.e. part number or a way to rectify the issue. Any and all help is appreciated. I tried searching older threads but nothing seemed to match what I was looking for.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:39 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,580 Likes on 6,196 Posts

Go talk to the service manager. They will provide you a part number. Sounds like an A-hole was helping you.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:28 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I think that module is in the b-pillar (between front and rear doors) drivers side. before
you replace it remove the scuff plate (drivers door opening plastic piece) the wire harness is under it. near the front of where that scuff plate mates up to the kick
panel (park brake pedal-colored plastic behind it) look for a purple wire right about where
the harness bends down onto the floor it will go into a splice as 1 and come out as 2 wires, look for green corrosion, and tug on it a little to see if that connection comes
apart. have seen this many times misdiagnosed as a module.

Quick Reply: 2007 Expedition XLT four wheel drive control module