Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2006 fx4 supercab window controls wont work

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 fx4 supercab window controls wont work

No change to truck before it stopped working. Same temps outside.

Windows won't roll down or up. The buttons buttons will be lit up until I press up or down the the defrost light will turn on and off. If defrost is on then the window controls won't be lit. If I press my side button then pass side light will go out. Its looking for a ground. Side mirror control works. Unlock/ lock button works. Cleaned the connectors, those wires looked fine. Replaced the fuse (I think the right one) I checked all other doors and they act the same, no roll.

Recently I noticed if the door is open with keys in accessory or started THEN you press the windows, I get the door ajar ding. The red door open symbol will be lit but until I hit the window then it dings and says for ajar. Let go of the window text goes away but symbol stays

What the hell. help please
Old 03-15-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2004 just did this this week it's the ground wire on the window wiring harness in your drivers door Pop the switch panel in the driver door the window harness has the black ground wire instead of tracking the wire through the door I just slipped a wire in the spot and screwed it to the door instantly problem solved
The following users liked this post:
oakshadows (06-26-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I'll try that today. Hopefully it will solve my problem.

Quick Reply: 2006 fx4 supercab window controls wont work