Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2006 F150 FX4 5.4L rear wheel bearing cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 F150 FX4 5.4L rear wheel bearing cover

I tried to remove the stuck rear break rotor off from hub but failed. I used two bolts and nuts to push the rotor from back caliber bolt holes. The bolts were broken. The rotor is still there but the hub got loose. I want to fasten the hub now. How to do that?

How to fasten the hub?

Last edited by galaxy376; 08-23-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 97 Likes on 96 Posts

Default 2006 F150 FX4 5.4L rear wheel bearing cover

The rotor has drum brakes inside for the parking brake. Your parking brakes are probably frozen. That's pretty common.
If you didn't already, make sure your parking brake is released.
Look at the backside. You'll see a rubber plug. Pop it off, and you'll have access to the brake shoe adjusting screw. Use a screwdriver to turn the wheel and loosen the shoes. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to tackle the parking brake lever.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:49 AM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Originally Posted by lewissa81
The rotor has drum brakes inside for the parking brake. Your parking brakes are probably frozen. That's pretty common.
If you didn't already, make sure your parking brake is released.
Look at the backside. You'll see a rubber plug. Pop it off, and you'll have access to the brake shoe adjusting screw. Use a screwdriver to turn the wheel and loosen the shoes. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to tackle the parking brake lever.
As lewissa said.... the parking brake design on these trucks works, but the materials suck. The lever rusts into one solid piece. The brake can't just magically hang up on its own so if I were you I'd remove the entire assembly, sand it / file it / wire brush the lever it down, grease the hell out of it and reassemble and adjust. It's easy and cheap to just do it all in one shot.

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 FX4 5.4L rear wheel bearing cover