Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2005 street boss is calling in sick

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 street boss is calling in sick

i have a 2005 ford f150 5.4 ltr triton v8 street boss, a couple of weeks ago it coded cylinder 3 spark plug misfire and ran rough. i replaced the plug reset computer and plug in my code reader and all was well all except the evap (ev) never seem to finish it diagnostic test (ev) keeps flashing while all other moniters completed. a couple of weeks later while driving it started to run rough right after i put some gas in it from a station i never used before with blue smoke and strong gas smell and same code came up cylinder 3 spark plug misfire. i replaced plug again reset computer and started it up and code p2195 o2 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1 came up immediately with blue smoke and strong gas smell. I replace the o2 sensor started it up, now it coded the opposite o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 stuck rich... let it run for a few minutes then a rather loud knock started, sounds like a spark knock but im not sure. and when i try to start it up it hesitates, sometimes stumbles and at other times acts like its getting no gas or not firing can anyone help with this?

Last edited by t young; 08-02-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: replace what i thought was wrong and it didnt work.

Quick Reply: 2005 street boss is calling in sick