Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2003 f150 electrical help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 f150 electrical help

I just bought a very cheap 2003 f150 super crew with 5.4L
it's been used as an old work truck and that's all I need it for too but I need help.
no power windows or locks work what so ever, I've took it to two different people , I'm told they believe it's the GEM.
aswell, factory radio doesn't work. all it does is turn on, that's the only button that works, no other buttons work.
aswell there's no heat coming from the heater , just cool air .
anyone think this is all controlled by the GEM?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The radio doesnt sound like GEM to me as radios are usually self contained, well, aftermarket ones anyways, which is the bulk of my experience.
I did want to throw in that i have a 03 f150 xlt supercab (half back doors is supercab right?) 4.6 and the electrical is trash. In the year I have had it ive had a number of issues and once i started pulling it apart i noticed every single wire bundle had been pulled apart and every wire had punctures from a tester on them indicating the previous owner had no shortage of electrical issues too.
First thing i would check is the wiring running under the covers where the doors close, (kick plates?) My truck seems to love holding puddles of water there and destroying wiring. I finally ended up punching a bunch of holes with a screwdriver when i was drunk one day and that helped. All that wiring and the wires where they go from the door to the cab where the hinges are seems to get tore up really fast.

Quick Reply: 2003 f150 electrical help