Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2002 Driver's Power window stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Driver's Power window stopped working

I have a 2002 F150 Supercrew and the driver's side power window stopped working. The window is in the full up position thankfully. I can hear the relay clicking when I press the window control. All other windows work without any problems.

I got a new relay and that wasn't it of course. That would be way too easy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by jason f; 03-18-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Pull the door panel and confirm power to the regulator motor. If your getting power with the button depressed, your motor is bad. If you've never pulled the door panel go on Youtube for a how to video. There are hidden tabs and they like to break off during removal. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Marc D
Pull the door panel and confirm power to the regulator motor. If your getting power with the button depressed, your motor is bad. If you've never pulled the door panel go on Youtube for a how to video. There are hidden tabs and they like to break off during removal. Good luck.
Thanks. I have pulled the panel before when I installed new speakers so should be fine there. Will check for motor power with a volt meter.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:27 PM

Ok. I did some research and pulled the panel. Tapped around where the motor is and the window started working again. Put the panel back on and now it doesn't work. Obviously an intermittent problem but does it mean the motor is bad? Seems like a connection issue and not a bad motor but I could be wrong.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Next time it acts up turn on your interior/dome lamps, watch them when you press the button to operate the window, if they dim and the window remains in position you have a bad motor, sometimes you can smack the door with your fist sideways while holding the button up/down and it'll start working. That is also another way to know if the motor is bad.

If the lights don't dim then you could have a switch or wire problem.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by RLXXI
Next time it acts up turn on your interior/dome lamps, watch them when you press the button to operate the window, if they dim and the window remains in position you have a bad motor, sometimes you can smack the door with your fist sideways while holding the button up/down and it'll start working. That is also another way to know if the motor is bad.

You sir just made my day. Dealing with my window stuck in the down position for a week now. Haven't had time to get new motor and put it in. Gonna rain today and I'm parked in a driveway at work unprotected. Sitting in my truck, read this and smacked my door, instantly went up. Thank you.
​​​​
Old 02-19-2024, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RLXXI

i noticed that my heated mirror light comes on while i press the button. as soon as i release, it turns off. the lights on the switch and door locks also turn off when i press the switch but come right back on once i let go. the mirrors also didn’t want to fold in like they’re supposed to until i replaced the fuses and now the mirrors are fine but the windows still don’t work

Quick Reply: 2002 Driver's Power window stopped working