Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2002 Climate Control fan inop

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Climate Control fan inop

The other day, and yeah, it was hot, my A/C fan was inop. I don't get any blower activity. I can feel a small amount of cool air coming through the vent and the compressor is running but the fan is inop no matter which position I put the control. I checked the 40 amp fuse under the hood and its good. I didn't see a fuse for the fan on the inside fuse box. I've read some posts on here about a resistor pack but it seems when it goes out it only effects one or two speeds. Could this be my problem? Where is this component located on the 2002 model? Thanks for your help.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Go to the blower motor and see if there is power and the ground has continuity to ground. You are correct the blower resistor sets the speeds but should bypass the resistor when hi is selected. Go to this site for the wiring data. Go here: search.ebscohost.com
USER: greatfalls
Pass: publiclibrary

Select auto repair, year, make ect..
Old 05-26-2009, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info Bill. I went to that site and printed out the wiring diagram. After work, I'll check the ground and also see if I get any voltage to the blower motor itself. If not, I'll suspect the blower motor relay. I've looked all across this internet, well almost all, and can't find out where the relay is located on a 02 model. Any idea? If you don't know, how about anyone else that may be reading this post. Thanks

Last edited by pacts; 05-26-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added a line.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 PM

Well the ground was good so I checked and yes I do have 14 volts going to the blower motor. So I guess I need a new motor. Thanks for your assistance!

Quick Reply: 2002 Climate Control fan inop