Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2001 F-150 serious electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 F-150 serious electrical problem

I have a 2001 f-150 5.4l 4x4 automatic. I have been working on this truck for about 3 months trying to fix this electrical problem. The wipers don't work, the windows won't roll down and the shift on the fly 4 wheel drive doesn't work as well. I have changed the wiper motor, the GEM module, the cab fuse box, the battery terminal ends. Plus I have checked all the inline fuses, the relays and all the other fuses in this truck. The only thing I haven't changed is the engine compartment fuse/relay center, the security module or the ignition switch. If anyone has any ideas? Please help! I really don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:41 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

There are so many hidden relays on our trucks that the only way you'll ever solve the problems is to get a color codes wire diagram and trace each circuit or blow up a black and white copy and use colored pens to make your own.. The window issue is most likely the master switch in the drivers door. The relays to the wipers are under the access panel (called a banjo) on the passengers side dashboard on top. The 4x4 relays are behind the "B" pillar on the drivers side near the floor. get a 12 volt light tester and confirm power at these locations. Also there is RAP (remote auxiliary power) unit behind the right side passengers foot panel that controls cab lights, window switches and more. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
oakshadsows (06-06-2015)

Quick Reply: 2001 F-150 serious electrical problem