Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2001 extended cab shudders over 60 mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 extended cab shudders over 60 mph

I am not sure as to when this started but whenever I surpass about 61-63 mph my whole truck vibrates, but I feel it most in the seat. It gets worse when I go faster and it also seems to be worse when I let of the gas going down a hill. I do not think it is a suspension, tire, or break problem because it is only noticeable at high spreads and the steering wheel doesn't move at all. I tend to think it could be something to do with the rear drive shaft but I am not sure. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Yes. Driveshaft. Do a visual check of the driveshaft for any noticeable damage such as deep scrapes or dents, Look at the u-joint and check for any rusty colored areas around the caps. If you have a two piece drive shaft look at the center carrier bearing for damage. Also look at the rear of the transmission for seeping oil around the input shaft/drive shaft. I would not drive the truck too far until this is resolved. Good luck

Quick Reply: 2001 extended cab shudders over 60 mph