Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Maintenance Shop
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2001 4.6l was P0358 now P0304

Truck is my 2001 F150 extended cab with the 4.6 bought in 01 with 9 miles and it currently has 172k. Ever since I had the car if the weather changed it would throw P0358 and claim an ignition coil was bad all the while misfiring and stutter accelerating like crazy. Finally the friendly firestone guys identified a broken clip on one of cables leading to cyl 8 COP and now the error message is gone but there has been a hint of stuttering remaining though nothing like before.

Now the rains are back and the stutter comes back in force at low speed and I have a new code thrown P0304. I can punch threw this and once at highway speed there isnt much of a problem but if I let me wife drive it she will think I need a new truck...

Looking for clues on P0304 cylinder 4 misfire. Thanks Steve.
sporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The P0358 was a coil circuit malfunction on #8 cylinder, where the P0304 is a misfire on #4 cylinder so these are two different problems. I would pull the coil and check for water around the plug, also put some dielectric grease inside the plug boot.

You could also swap the coil with another cylinder and clear the code then see if the missfire moves to the other cylinder (bad coil) or stays with #4 (bad plug or problem with cylinder)

Last edited by Nitehawkjr; 03-21-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Nitehawkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 AM

Tags
2001 f150 lariat, 4.6, misfire hesitation cop, p0304, p0358