Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2000 F150 4.6 Engine Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 F150 4.6 Engine Misfire

First post, howdy all. Just purchased an F150 and need some help with this.

When I got the truck it had a misfire and exhaust code. Decided to do a tuneup while I fixed codes. Cleaned out throttle body, egr port holes clogged, new fuel injectors, plugs and coils. Also some new egr related items.

Truck ran great, all codes gone, all good for a few days. Then it started to misfire or run rough, especially while in gear. I remembered I had a hard time getting the fuel rail on and checked there. I noticed the back fuel injector on drivers side (near cyl. 8) was looking pretty bad. The pintle cap was cracking and all the exterior finish on the injector was peeling away.

Decided to use endoscope and take pics of the fuel rail. The worst looking one is the one with the nasty looking fuel injector. Also the shot of where it enters the intake is of the same injector.

The other fuel rail pic is of the front injector which looks fine. I do see now how the cup is full of residue and needs to be cleaned.

Does anybody have any idea of why a new (remanufactured) injector would peel on the outside and crack at the cap? And what is that corrosion inside the fuel rail? I also noticed the smell of gas coming out the pcv valve.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by orecrush; 10-27-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ideas at all?

Quick Reply: 2000 F150 4.6 Engine Misfire