Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2 questions on 2006 FX4

Old 01-19-2015, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions on 2006 FX4

I have a nice 2006 FX4 with 70,000 miles.

1st question- Power mirrors will not adjust on either side. I checked the wires for damage in the hinge area and they look ok. Checked power at the switch, but without a diagram I am not sure if they are correct. I have noticed that the driver power window sometimes does not want to go back up. I go down just a little then it will raise back up.

2nd question- Fuel tank pressure! The think is hard to get gas in. Shuts off the pump non stop. I think the vent may be plugged. Is there an easy fix for this problem? I checked the lines and they look good going to the tank as much as I can see anyway!

Thanks in advance for the help! This is my first Ford and I love it so far!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same problem with the gas on my '03 and my '04. I just pull the gas handle tube half way out then works fine for mine anyway...
Old 01-21-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts

I can help a little with the power window not rolling up. You need to take the switch apart and use a small file to clean the connection point. The bottom will snap off the assembly. Not hard to do and there's videos on YouTube on how to do it. Can't help with the others. Sorry.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Default thanks

I will try that with the switch.

I have tried everything when filling with fuel. I will put the nozzel in all the way, half way, and even to the point I think it is going to come out. It still clicks the pump off every 10 seconds or so.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:24 PM

It may be the charcoal canister on the fuel neck. Do you always top it off when fueling? Maybe someone else can weigh in but always topping off will ruin that canister. Did it throw a check engine light?
Old 01-26-2015, 12:27 PM

I just bought it and have only filled it up 3 times so I am not sure about the topping it off. It has not thrown a check engine light and seems to run real good. Is the charcoal filter hard to change out?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by JDMan
I just bought it and have only filled it up 3 times so I am not sure about the topping it off. It has not thrown a check engine light and seems to run real good. Is the charcoal filter hard to change out?
I don't think so. Should be up around the fuel filler neck. Try to check all the vent hoses on the tank. It's just not venting. I make sure all the hoses were clear before the container. Check all the free stuff first. Nothing to bad though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 questions on 2006 FX4