1999 F250 LD Trans Fluid - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Maintenance Shop

1999 F250 LD Trans Fluid

Old 12-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 1999 F250 LD Trans Fluid

What's goin on guys, New to the forum here. I have a 99 F250 LD with a 4.6 that a just inherited when my grandfather passed away. The truck has 111k and has probably never seen a day of hard work or rough riding in its life, he only used it to drive from PA to Fl twice a year to go fishing otherwise it was parked in his barn. Definitly a mint truck...

Anyway, I'll be flying up to PA tomorrow to drive this truck back but wanted an opinion on changing the tranny fluid. I was up there last moth and did all the other fluids, brakes and other services to be sure it was road worthy. It has 111k on it and is due for a fluid change, what are you guys running in your trucks and would you say to just do a pan drop and filter change pre trip and then do it again when it's home in fl? Opinions please, and I have not checked on which tranny option this truck came with yet but feel this should be addressed before I leave for a 1500 mile trip.

Thanks,
Shane
99LDF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 12-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i want to say my gas 06 f150 wants it changed at 100k. Not 100% on that though. I would change the fluid just bc it has set alot. You can always look at and smell the fluid. If you are questioning it and can afford to do it; then do. If it were me; and i was gong to do the fluid; i would also do the filter. Agin i think it goes back to the condition of the fluid really.
vanover is offline   Reply With Quote