Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1997 F-150 issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1997 F-150 issues

Ok so I recently got me a 97' f-150 and it keeps throwing the P0301 cylinder 1 misfire detected code. Did some research and have seen anything from just a tune up to changing the pcv valve and injector, well changed the pcv and could tell a bit of a difference. Then got to talking to a friend and he started saying everything it was doing before I did and he said it was the plugs to use autolite plugs, so I pulled one out yesterday and checked and the bottom half of the boot was covered in oil and so was the hole plug. So I have done some research and have seen something about O-rings around where the spark plugs go but I have never heard of that, but I was also thinking that would probably make it run pretty crappy. So any idea because this is something new to me I have never worked on one of these mod motors. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:42 AM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Use Motorcraft plugs, not Autolites, there are no O-rings around the sparkplugs. Could possibly be a cam cover leaking.

Quick Reply: 1997 F-150 issues