Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1995 F150 speedo jumping.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 F150 speedo jumping.

Ok, here is what I have to work with: 1995 F150 4x4 with lil over 200k. I just replaced the speed sensor on the axle (auto zone). The original problem was the speedo jumping and the engine acting like the cat is plugged up. When taking off, it had no power and it sounded like a back firing thru the intake. After changing the sp sensor I ran a code test and it came up 111( all clear). The engine is acting fine now but speedo is still jumping but not as bad. Also when I popped out the old sensor there was pressure released and it has set for a few days. Could this be 2 diff problems or what? I have looked a few on this forum and found similar things. Can anyone help? It also guzzled the gas.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This truck is my new center of attention. I have always been a chevy guy pre 1988. I have always been attracted to the boxy body and at the time, I couldn't afford this model ford. After this body style ford went to IMHP the fish body look. Really ugly to me. Just like chevy did. I'm the kind of guy that loves to see that squared hood bounce down the road from being lifted. There is nothing sexier or bad a..(sorry for the trash mouth but how else can you explain that look. Plus I am not political correct. If I was then I guess I would have been dead trying to defend this great nation) than an old boxy muscle car like the 67 Malibu my Mom had yrs ago. Being a vet and been there, I told my lady I drive junk every day. I want a nice truck to cruise in. Soooo this is going to be my project and will be posted on here from start to finish.

Last edited by shadowscout10; 12-31-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I was working as a Ford line tech at a dealer back In the 90's and I changed a lot of speedo heads for this very concern. You could take a chance on a used speedo head but I wouldn't, best to get a new one from the dealer.

They will have to order it because the supplier needs to know how many miles on the old one to program the new one accordingly.

Quick Reply: 1995 F150 speedo jumping.