Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1995 F150 Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 1995 F150 Problem?

I just bought a used F150 from a dealership, and it runs great. No rough running at all, but my oil pressure guage will like to read at the N in normal and then sometimes it will jump back and forth. It will twitch and jump around, but I hear no change in the engine. Is it just a bad sending unit? A bad ground? Oil pump going out? I have no clue, and Ford wants $79 just to hook a gauge up to it and test the oil pressure. Any advice? Also, where does the needle usually sit for the oil pressure on the 5.0s? Ive owned 2 of them and both have read on the N in normal (which I thought was low) but Im not sure. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

First Welcome to the site. Go to your auto parts store and buy a gauge so you can get the true reading. Oil pressure will vary with rpm's. I guess I haven't paid a lot of attention to where it runs with my truck but my car is at 40psi at ideal and 60 when I'm driving. Sometimes more depending on how many rpm's/or fast I'm going. 40 on my car is in the middle of the gauge for reference if yours isn't in numbers.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 PM

I have just bought a 1995 4.7L super cab 4x4 automatic. I just drove it off the lot today with 19,000miles. When I accelerate there is a vibration that occurs when turning left OR right (seems to be harder when turning right, and on either side you turn the sharper the turning the harder the vibration). It vibrates the whole truck. Just an example of the feel is like a driveshaft with bad u-joints...that is just the feel though, i dont think that is what it is. It feels like it is coming from the rear. If you accelerate and go striaght is it fine. Sometimes it is light vibration and sometimes hard. It is still under manufactors warranty, and i purchase an additional warranty. I just want an idea on what to look for before the shop starts to tear stuff out or whatever. Any ideas?

If you have ideas of the situation or know..please respond ASAP. I maybe taking the truck back tomorrow.
THANK YOU FORD GUYS!

Last edited by F150STALKER; 04-19-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what type of rear diff do you have?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 AM

Honestly I have no clue what diff is in the rear. I didn't know that they put different diffs in factory stocks.
I have taken it back to the dealership and they are going to inspect on Monday. But would still like to know what I am looking for (problem), before they start cutting me lines (just telling me stuff). I would like something to put back at them if they say something rather than...it was exaclty this and we replaced it. Ty. i am unable to post a new thread for some reason..do you know why and could you paste this in a new thread so viewers will read the first part that i wrote and we can get some input going here. I dont know what the deal is on not letting me post a thread. It goes to a screen wanting UN and password, and after I do that it pops up another screen saying all kinds of bs. I use forums all the time but have never gotten this before.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Ty

the only reason why I asked was because if it was a limited slip read diff, you might get some wheel hop when turning shape because of the limited diff action.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:14 AM

Yea only when turning is when it vibrates. I dont mean a small vibration, it is like a jolting vibration feel, sometimes not that bad and sometimes it was bad... it kinda feels like the diff doesn't even had gear oil or something or it also feels like a tire rub would feel on the front wheels of a vehicle with over sized tires rubbing the fendor wells. something like that.. idont know how else to explain it. haha. i can say though, i dont think it is normal at all.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:44 AM

I not sure about your noise but there is no such thing as a 1995 4.7L motor....is it a straight six? if so you got a 4.9L
Old 04-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Ty

if it is in 4wd, it will do that, are you sure that it is out of 4wd?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 PM

It is not in 4wd. That is the first thing that I checked on. I even put it in 4H and back to 2wd. then to 4L and back to 2wd and nothing ever changed. I drove in reverse once back in 2wd each time.

Quick Reply: 1995 F150 Problem?