Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1995 F-150 302 overheating problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1995 F-150 302 overheating problems

I have a 302 in my 1995 F-150 and I'm having problems with it overheating. I replaced the water pump about 6 months ago, I just replaced the thermostat. So when it started overheating I bought some stuff to flush the radiator, got it flushed and it worked for about 3 days and then started overheating again, so I flushed it 2 more times and it didn't help the water wasn't circulating through the radiator, so I took it out cleaned it for about an hour and I got a lot of pieces of rust and stuff to come out, so I put the radiator back in and now the water is flowing through good but its still running hot, and I even took the thermostat out and its still running hot. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be now? I'm baffled and out of ideas.

Last edited by bamakid; 10-19-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

There is a small chance your lower radiator hose is collapsing when it gets hot, stopping water flow to the radiator.Unfortunately I believe your radiator is still plugged. Just because there is water flow thru it doesn't mean the tubes are clear enough to provide sufficient cooling for the motor. Aluminum radiators can not be rodded like older brass ones were so replacement is usually the best answer. Try www.summitracing.com for a new one.

Quick Reply: 1995 F-150 302 overheating problems