Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1993 Ford F150: Looking for suggestions/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Ford F150: Looking for suggestions/opinions

I have a 1993 Ford F-150 Pickup, L6-300 4.9L engine and I'm looking for ways to improve and upgrade it as long as I'm keeping it.

Anything suggested on how to go about repairing this beast will be considered and greatly appreciated.

A bit dirty.. but it's a work truck.

It's a little rough around the edges but it's been a reliable truck for as long as I've had it. I recently bought a stereo system and will be installing it when it arrives.
The main part/s of this truck I'd like to repair/upgrade is the body and anything in under the hood that will make this a longer lasting vehicle and give me better performance. I'm not too worried about the paint yet, just more focused on improving what's there and the cosmetic steps leading up to it.

-For the body-

Passenger Door:

Came with the vehicle when I bought it, strictly cosmetic.
I've been looking around for replacement doors and so far it looks like junkyards are the way to go for the door.

Door/Cab/Bed bed siding:

Closer look, this scrape indented the small part of the cab. I don't know really much else to do other than getting the protruding parts grinded down and re-welded, but I'm not sure if it'll ever be the same right there.

I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind or not but I've seen some part places that sell the back wheelwell siding(?)

I'm pretty sure that's apart of the entire truckbed but if it's somehow not.. I'd like to try that out. If not, is that repairable with bondo?

Bumpers:

This is a hit and miss, I've seen all kinds of fords and half of them have this tilted bumper and the other half of them are flush.

Is this easily fixable in the way of remounting it/adjusting? Or could it be the frame?
I plan on putting new bumpers altogether in the future but for now it's low on the list.

Not really a huge deal but its similar with the front because with the weird tilt. I'm guessing this bumper is cheap due to the fact that it's misshapen and warped throughout.

That's the last of the body info.

-For the Engine-

Not so much for this department.. but here's what I got.
The engine is in decent shape so I don't plan on replacing it just yet. It has 59k miles on it, original engine. I have some of the basics like new battery, air filter, oil filter, alternator, new belt, and new termostat.
What i'm looking for is suggestions that would increase the stock parts in the truck and maybe improve performance.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated so let me know that you think

Thanks

Quick Reply: 1993 Ford F150: Looking for suggestions/opinions