Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1987 power loss uponacceleration. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1987 power loss uponacceleration. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hello, i am new to this forum and i am in need of help. I have an 87 ford, 5.0 302 EFI and the 4 speed man tranny, repainted, restored, rebuilt tranny, lifted, headers flowmasters you name it. Last few months have been very full of issues. Truck starts idles and i can give it gas all day, as soon as i go to pull out, it chokes, sputters, and feels like someone is putting on the brakes. Now i have replaced, framerail fuel pump, sending unit, tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, pressure regulator, AIC, TPS, new distributor, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs (All MSD), it has new EEC and Fuel Pump relays, i am at wits end. If anone can help PLEASE DO! greatly appreciated
Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a sensor thats on the tranny, it send info on when to shift at what rpm to shift, idk the name of the sensor, but check that, if its not that then it might be in your ECU. if its the ecu there is no way to fix that other than to replace the whole thing.

Quick Reply: 1987 power loss uponacceleration. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!