Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

1984 F150 Spraying transmission fluid

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy 1984 F150 Spraying transmission fluid

So the other day my voltage regulator stopped working and my battery died while going down the highway which killed my truck. After it died i heard 3 loud pops i put it in neutral until i got stopped. time and hassle pass and im back on my way down the road but i hear what sounds like a belt whining any time it enters 3rd or 4th gear (not sure which) so i pull over at the nearest station and take a look under the truck and there is trans fluid everywhere! for the life of me i cant find where its leaking. i was thinking a hose blew or something but i have no clue. Any opinions on what most likely happened?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Hard to say, you'll just have to put some fluid in it and start it up and look for where it's coming from.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCR 56
Hard to say, you'll just have to put some fluid in it and start it up and look for where it's coming from.
That would be great if i could hang out of my truck door to look under it going down the highway lol it only seems to spray when in 4th gear so unless i mount a camera or something under it there isnt really any way to see whats going on.