Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

04 - V8 4.6L - Skipping Rattle-ling every 4 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy 04 - V8 4.6L - Skipping Rattle-ling every 4 seconds

Recently my truck began to make a sound upon hitting the breaks that came from the rear tires as if I needed break replacements. Short after, a rattling noise came out while on drive, but on a full stop. I also felt lost of power while accelerating on the freeway, now the "Check Engine Came On" Can anyone PLEASE help me, I don't want to get ripped off in the repair.

The skipping of the rattling noise is about every 4 seconds apart.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

It sounds like your ABS unit is failing. If you're feeling any pulsing in the brake pedal this is a good indication that what it is. There's also an outside chance you need to have the rear differential serviced. Ford uses a modifier additive with the gear oil that helps the axle clutches spin freely. Go to a local parts store like Auto Zone or PepBoys and have them read your codes on the Check Engine light (also called a Service Engine Soon light) This indicates some part of the entire driveline needs service or repair. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/f150-abs-module

Quick Reply: 04 - V8 4.6L - Skipping Rattle-ling every 4 seconds