Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

04-08 f150 5.4L 4x4 not working.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04-08 f150 5.4L 4x4 not working.

I have a 2004 f150 4x4 with brand new vacuum hoses from the IWEs all the way up to the rear intake manifold vacuum port on the engine. I have replaced the IWEs, Hub assemblies, and solenoid. I've done my research but I cannot stumble upon how to Fix this problem. The CV axles weren't worn down had perfect splines so I did not replace them. My hubs will lock in 2WD ( by pulling vacuum hose off of IWEs) I have done this to make sure my hubs will lock I have no vacuum leak and 2WD is perfecting fine no partially engaging problems etc, but when I lock my transfer case in 4wd h or low the front wheels won't turn. The CV axle just turns , the wheel doesn't spin, HOW can this happen if it can lock the hubs when I'm in 2WD ? I have torqued everything to spec in the front end, everything. The front drive shaft turns like its suppose to in. 4x4. I have tried pulling my vacuum hoses from acuators and engaging the hubs that way in 4x4 no luck, but I can still lock my hubs in 2wd and have the cv axles spinning and front driveshafts spinning due to my front tires moving ( not my transfer case) my front diff works just fine it turns the CV axles in 4x4 it just doesn't turn the wheel. I just don't see what else it could be, ANY ideas that I haven't mentioned previously would be helpful.

Quick Reply: 04-08 f150 5.4L 4x4 not working.