Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

’00 Fuel Delivery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ’00 Fuel Delivery Problem

While off-roading over the weekend I managed to find a large rock with my fuel tank. The damage bent the middle portion of the tank shield into the fuel tank, more of a large bend than a sharp one, not enough to cause any leaks thank goodness. As a result of this action I seemed to partially loose fuel flow. On flat ground if I just barely ‘feathered’ the gas pedal I could slowly get up to 40-50mph. If I attempted to accelerate faster depressing the gas pedal more seemed to stall the engine out, I also would slow to a crawl over hills. I listened near the fuel tank while the truck was running and seemed to hear a buzz from inside the tank that I have not heard before. The transmission seemed to shift fine. I attempted to get home in this fashion…made it about 25 miles before she just quit on me. I plan on dropping the tank tomorrow and inspect the lines on top of the fuel pump assembly. Any suggestions would help greatly.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

May have damaged the fuel pump and/or components inside the tank.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I guess I will see tonight. My decision now is to drop the tank or take the bed off to access the pump...after watching a Youtube of either method it seems like 6 of one half dozen of the other. Either way I'll need to take the tank shield off to bang the dent back out.

Quick Reply: ’00 Fuel Delivery Problem