Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do to 2012 white XL?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do to 2012 white XL?

Recently got a 2012 White XL and I'm looking into changing up the front to look cleaner and nicer. I am not sure how much this would cost and would like to hear yalls opinion. I want it to look less like a work truck.

I was invisioning a Chrome grill and the piece directly below the grill white and the front bumper chrome and chrome rims/wheels also may get a leveling kit.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a few ideas

Originally Posted by A Fireball57
Recently got a 2012 White XL and I'm looking into changing up the front to look cleaner and nicer. I am not sure how much this would cost and would like to hear yalls opinion. I want it to look less like a work truck.

I was invisioning a Chrome grill and the piece directly below the grill white and the front bumper chrome and chrome rims/wheels also may get a leveling kit.

Homemade suspension lift, linex rocker panels, painter mirror caps

Front bumper was recently done, all 3/8 plate, with reinforcements along the frame for 1.5ft.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is my xl before and after. I used the Rustoleum peel coat silver, and I'm sure you can find it in white. Basically the same stuff as plastidip. With the textured plastic, this paint works well, and you can always touch it up or peel it off if needed. The grille surround was a bit of a pain to do. It's a whole lot cheaper than buying the paintable smooth parts and chrome grille surround. I used 1 can to do this front with 3 coats. Not a bad look for $10. Yeah, not quite as pretty as the factory painted finish, but with the money I saved I can buy the DVD navigation aftermarket stereo with a backup camera, and still be ahead of the game.

Quick Reply: What to do to 2012 white XL?