Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vinyl wrap on my 1999 F150?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vinyl wrap on my 1999 F150?

I bought my pickup back in January. Its black but has a vinyl wrap along both sides of it. At least I think its just a wrap and not a real custom paint job. It has been on there the whole life of the vehicle and I'm curious if I would be able to remove it if it is just a vinyl wrap or not.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to remove it if it is a vinyl wrap. There will probably be a lot of discoloration due to the fact that the paint has been protected for the last 15 years or so vs. the exposed paint IMHO.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
F150 Forum

Received 350 Likes on 285 Posts

vinyl wrap will almost always wrap around a body panel for the best fit, so u could reach behind there and see if u feel a seam. or just try to peel a corner of it. you got to be careful with removing it though, use a blow drier or heat gun to soften the adhesive first. I muscled off the vinyl on my front bumper and it peeled the paint right off in some spots.. good thing it was on its way to the paint shop

Quick Reply: vinyl wrap on my 1999 F150?