Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmition swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmition swap

Hi everyone I have a 2002 F150 XLT RWD stepside with a 4.6 Triton and an automatic transmission. I am thinking about replacing it with a manual. How hard is it going to be? What all do i need to do besides transmission and ad a clutch pedal? Yes I know i will have to cut a hole in the floor. New ECU?
Old 08-28-2016, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cooltimg4
Hi everyone I have a 2002 F150 XLT RWD stepside with a 4.6 Triton and an automatic transmission. I am thinking about replacing it with a manual. How hard is it going to be? What all do i need to do besides transmission and ad a clutch pedal? Yes I know i will have to cut a hole in the floor. New ECU?
That's a bigger project that you think buddy, did this once and I may as well switched the truck completely, you will need to switch ecu and bcm the engine will have to adjusted for transmission position a new driveshaft all new mounts welded, wiring harness right to the cluster replace. I did it on an 04 f150. Definitely not something I would ever do again. But best of luck 👍 I can help you out with bits along way

Quick Reply: Transmition swap