Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Seat Swap

I have a 2004 F150 (New Style) Super Cab that i am in the process of swapping in leather seats from a 2006 Lariat.

Have the back seats and center front seat / console in no problem.

The Driver and passenger seats are proving to be a challenge. Old seats are both manual While the new seats are both power, with the driver seat also having memory.

Manual seats are just fine by me -- I bought the leather seats so they would be easier to keep clean, and the former owner was a HEAVY smoker, and 5 months later the smoke smell trapped in the cloth seats is still overbearing.

I am absolutely fine swapping the manual tracks in place of the power tracks -- and I prefer doing this to rewiring the truck.

Has anyone swapped seat tracks tracks, or will I be going down uncharted roads? I'm thinking that the seat bottoms should swap easily (haven't tried yet), and perhaps the backs can swap, as well?

Or, are there any other thoughts to make the leather seats usable?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 01-09-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Werner
I have a 2004 F150 (New Style) Super Cab that i am in the process of swapping in leather seats from a 2006 Lariat.

Have the back seats and center front seat / console in no problem.

The Driver and passenger seats are proving to be a challenge. Old seats are both manual While the new seats are both power, with the driver seat also having memory.

Manual seats are just fine by me -- I bought the leather seats so they would be easier to keep clean, and the former owner was a HEAVY smoker, and 5 months later the smoke smell trapped in the cloth seats is still overbearing.

I am absolutely fine swapping the manual tracks in place of the power tracks -- and I prefer doing this to rewiring the truck.

Has anyone swapped seat tracks tracks, or will I be going down uncharted roads? I'm thinking that the seat bottoms should swap easily (haven't tried yet), and perhaps the backs can swap, as well?

Or, are there any other thoughts to make the leather seats usable?

Thanks,

Tom
I havent done it on a f150 but on my 2002 f250 I swapped the tracks around between power and manual it was like 4 bolts. The wiring really shouldn't be that hard for power seats btw..
Old 01-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to find a deal on some seats, but as said above, wiring shouldnt be hard
Old 01-16-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

Take the manual seats you have down to the frames minus the padding on the seat back. Do the same for the leather seats you have. I'd suggest replacing the seat bottom padding while you're at it as they get worn down with people sliding in and out of the cab. Install the leather on your existing manual frames.

Not a real hard job. You'll need some hog rings and a set of hog ring pliers. Bunch of youtube videos out there for the '04-08 model years.