Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need some guidance, are these mod ideas do able or am i dreamin ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i need some guidance, are these mod ideas do able or am i dreamin ??

In a perfect world what i want is my fog lamps to be able to switch from bright HID LIke to NEON GREEN by a flip of a switch in the cab....

Please keep in mind i am not very mechanically inclined and please tell me if im dreamin or planning on doing illegal modifications haha

But.... I WANT NEON GREEN

LOOKING FOR GUIDANCE ON :

LIGHT BAR - that sits in grill or bumper that has muti color options

FOG LIGHTS / HEADLIGHTS - muticolor options id mainly just want neon green and then to be able to flip a switch to make it street legal again from the neon green to a HID type head light

Or maybe HID HEADLIGHTS and then just do the fog lights with the available option to switch from normal to neon green ?
Am i dreamin ?
Does that make sense ?
Also....

If you could picture yourself sittin in the driver seat and hittin the left turn signal i have turn signals on the inside of my side mirrors the side where the mirror sits is there anyway to change the lights in the mirror to neon green turn signals ?

Neon green license plate LEDS ? Illegal ?

INTERIOR NEON GREEN LIGHTS DOME LIGHT OR UNDER DOWN WHERE YOUR FEET ARE TO LIGHT UP THE CAB NEON GREEN

Also need mo' powa haha and help with gas mileage suggestions ?
Chip ? Tune ? Intake ?

Full exhaust already installed

MOVING ON....

what can i do about my faded rocker panels ? They are black on the white body and weather and age has taken its toll i think even the previous owner over did it on the amour all

Paint them ? Replace them ? Restore them ?

How hard is it to tint your own windows ? Or...
Should i just pay the shop to do it ?

im really trying to have some fun with this truck and really express myself without going overboard being able to go from unique neon green to stock would be ideal but i understand if thats a long shot ANY INFO ON SOME OF THE IDEAS IVE HAD FLOATIN AROUND IN MY HEAD WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED ID LOVE TO GET STARTED ASAP AND POST PROGRESS REPORTS !

THANKS GUYS
TAKE CARE
- AUSTIN, Reno, NV
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head over to ledconcepts.com they do color morph LEDs for light bars, light pods, head lights and fog lights. Super easy to install and great quality.

I have tinted windows before its a rather easy process you really need to be detail oriented or you will have bubbles, take your time and you can do it right.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only red or blue forward and rear facing lights are illegal. That is to say, aftermarket lights so green is fine. Like the other said I have tinted my truck probably 10 times. Its very easy. Just illegal if you are planning on going dark. Go one Google and type in custom led switch backs. You will be able to get turn signal bulbs made for your whole truck that are hid white when running and green while signal is on. Or whatever colors you want. Customleddrivers..com may be able to help
Old 05-30-2015, 06:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search you tube for a lot of your questions, lots of DIY videos.

Quick Reply: i need some guidance, are these mod ideas do able or am i dreamin ??