Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hope I an in the right place

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Jamacamecrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope I an in the right place

Hi long time viewer first time poster, So please bare with me. This might get long.
What I have is a 2014 XLT 3.5 ECO Screw, With just the basic options nothing special all of 15k miles. What I have come upon is a 2014 Limited 3.5 ECO Screw that was in a soft roll over 10k miles still runs and lot drives. Smoking deal. Same motor, trans, real end gearing and wheel base. What I would like to do is swap interiors dashboard on back to rear panel headliner to carpet including steering column.
I myself cant see Ford making a different wiring harness of every trim level of truck. I can see them making one main harness which everything plugs and plays off if. My question is: Am I correct in thinking this or am I in for a wiring night mare?
The nice part about all of this is two fold. I get an XLT with the comfort of the Limited for the XLT insurance price. Also the box and cab will go to the scrap yard (there is no sheet metal on it that is useful not even the tail gate) the left over chassis, I will use to mount my fathers 76 F-150 Ex Cab Camper Special onto. With some 25-30 years welding fabricating experience under my belt I see no problem with this.
So any comments, suggestions, concerns? Let me know.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I think you are correct about the wiring, but you may not know for sure until you start piecing it all together.

I would love to see a build thread for the 76.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Probably get better info on the 09-14 sub forum. But I doubt it will be easy. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Hope I an in the right place